Tuesday 11 September 2012

365 journal

Recently someone showed me in passing, and I can't remember who it was, their 365 journal. I was excited by the idea, but up to my eyeballs in other projects, so it had to wait. Well the waiting is over and I have started mine. I don't know any of the ethos behind these journals, or where they have come from but they do look rather fun.
I came up with three ideas, No 1, the large double page spread, with the whole month on one page. No 2, the landscape 6 x 12 inches, as many pages as it takes. And  No 3, the page a day, altered book journal.  Then I hit the dilemma, which to do, I like the sound of all of them! But  fear not, I have got it, I am going to do all three! I hope to show you my progress as I go.

Hideous empty white pages!

Not anymore, half a day with some ink and masks and they are a thing of beauty and a joy forever!

As I took the time to show you a picture or my poor deceased cats, I thought I really should show you the lovely living ones. It is a glorious day today so of course the cats are all sunning themselves on the lodge roof, all that is, except, Lucifer. Named because he is a little devil, but I love him, and he is busy sleeping on my bed, he is 2. Then there is Gertrude and Jekyll. They are brother and sister and must be 5 or 6 years old by now.

He is gorgeous and he knows it. Another charity case, someone didn't want him.

That's Lucifer above and the black and white one next is Jekyll,



I love this boy.

And the next one is Gerty, Jekyll's sister she is very much an out door cat, and only really talks to me. She is nice, but can be hard going.


Gerty, eating and making a right old mess of it.

Right I am going to get on with these 365 journal, as I am playing catch up a tad. Started them yesterday, and want to get them up to date. They will have to be academic journals as they are starting in September, I'm not waiting till January to play with these, I will keep you posted.




No comments:

Post a Comment