Thursday 13 September 2012

Twelve days in, and counting

I am really enjoying these 365 journals. From now on the large,  full month a double page journal will be known as journal 1. The 6 x 12, landscape journal will be known as number 2. And last, but so far the most fun, the altered book journal will be known as number 3. That should all make sense I hope.

Journal number 1, really pleased with this.

Close up, just enough room for a comment on the day.

Journal number 1, is, I think the easiest to work on. The page layout is created at the beginning of the month, and then you just add your comments and extra decorations as you go. Adding more background and doodles as you feel the urge.

Journal number 2.

Close up.
Journal number 2, I am creating like a cross between, mini ATC's and a card collecting book, reminisent of the ones you used to get with teabags! I like this quite a bit as you get to create the book then lots of mini pieces of art to go with each day. Lots of fun, and it inspires ideas for the normal ATC's for any swaps we may want to do.

Poor old neglected book

Not anymore, given a new lease of life. 


I don't know if Henry James would agree!
But he might like the birdy!

Don't worry, I am not going to show you every page, Just one more.


That's all you are getting of these pages until next week.
Journal number 3, This is really fun as I am using double page spread, journal entry on one side and journal art on the other. Or all over the double page. So you get a lot more freedom to choose I guess. More scope for more art and that has always going to be a good thing.  Looking forward to decorating Octobers pages!

These journal are all fabulous to work on yet very different in execution. I cannot recommend enough your having ago and seeing what you come up with, experiment and enjoy.

For those of you who are interested I managed to get a better photo of Gerty,

She is lovely, but look at all the mess she has made.
I am out of here, "The morning is waining and time is precious to me". It is the 14th of September and I haven't started my Halloween advent calendar yet! Will I get it made in time for the first of Halloween? Lets see. x


No comments:

Post a Comment