Tuesday 16 October 2012

Three of my favorite things

I thought this week I would share some of my favorite tools of the trade with you. This week, sewing. The picture here is of Berty Bernina  record. I got him at the local car boot for the princely some of £10.00. He was dirty and missing his power lead, so off he went with Andrew in his, motorized translocation unit of a box like mien, his van! Andrew is the local  king of steam-punk, and can Frankenstein most things. It may shock the reader to know that Andrew was/is a fan of star trek! I will leave that one with you. I didn't think Berty would work that well, but he looked so good I thought he would make a good prop for the studio. Anyway when Andrew returned, Berty he shone like a new penny and once plugged in he purred like a dream. You see Andrew may talk funny, but he gets the job done. Berty works perfectly and has lots of stitches, I love him. If you can get your hands on one of these I can't recommend him highly enough.

Berty, 1965, handsome chap.
Now this one is Bernice Bernina  Sport 801. I also bought her at a car boot for £25.00. I couldn't believe my luck when I spotted her. I knew this type of machine and I never thought I would find one at that price  Hence why I love car boots sales so much. Got her home and off she went. Brilliant machines, I have several now and she is the one I like my students to use.

Bernice 1985, fabulous machine.
Now this little beauty I didn't get at a car boot. I had to buy her from a shop. She is pearl and she is a Singer, 160. Singer brought her out to celebrate a 160 years of Singer. As you can see she is black... black pearl! and sits lovely in my room without looking out of place even at a dinner party. I can stitch new napkins minutes before my guess arrive!

Pearl the Singer
And they all sit together, and no fighting,

All friends together.
If you would like to read more of Andrews ramblings... http://cognoscienteblog.blogspot.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment