Monday 3 December 2012

On The Forth Day,

I made some large tags


which I added lines to, so I could add text. Of course, I could have added anything, like a photo, or pieces of art, whatever you would like to see. The tag shape came about, because I bought something a while ago which had a tag on with this shape but much smaller. I found the shape interesting, so I drew around it in a good strong black pen and enlarged it to the required size on my photocopier. This was then put onto pizza box card and a template was born. The edges of the tags are colour with Distress ink and blending tool. Then stamped with a tiny snow flake in the same colour, which happens to be Vintage Photo. The text is a recipe for creating pomanders for the festive home. I make these in late October, not only to they smell wonderful and Christmassey, they make great gifts too.

They have arrived!
Talking of tags, the page numbers are here, if not in place yet. They have been made using the Kraft pages removed from the original book. Punched out with a hand held little punch. These were then coloured with Rangers Distress Ink, Barn Door around the edges. Stamped with numbers in Black Soot and a tiny holes added for either string or a brad. Gorgeous art't they. I will let you into at little secrete, but don't tell anyone. I make these tags for the pockets for the children's advent calendars, with little messages on them. If you do not want to make the tiny tags you can of course by blank tags from stationery shops. I have always had a passion for such places, therefore any excuse to visit one of these is marvelous establishments is a joy. It's truly amazing what you can find.


OK, onto the right hand side of this page.The spotty back ground is again paper from My Minds Eye. I have used a lot or their papers in this book. This is glued in place, and the book put to one side. ( Just a little note here, when gluing background pages down into this very young journal, only glue up until about an inch around the edge. This way, in the future should you want to add tiny tags, or little bits of ribbon, you can push them underneath the edge of the paper. We will totally glue down backgrounds, when we know that page is complete ) From another piece of decorative paper, guess who by, I have cut out a template of a pocket. To make the template, I have used an old, discarded envelope which I resealed, then cut the right hand edge off. With a circle punch I created the little notch in the center, at what is now the top of the pocket.  Carefully  reopen the envelope and you have a template, of what I would call a Doctors note pocket, to put onto card board. I love making these and you can make them in all different sizes. Once the pocket is created you can make tags or notes to fit inside. Cut out the pocket and select the middle panel, this will be the front when you glue the pocket together. I have then used the sewing machine to add stitch detail all around the edge. Glue the pocket together and onto a piece of black card slightly bigger than it's self, thus framing the pocket. This gives definition and helps elements of your page to "pop" and be seen. Glue this to the spotty page. The Santa is cut out of the paper chase gift wrap I used on the inside of page one. These sheets cost about £3.00, but remember to check out the sales after Christmas for your next years stash. As you can see in the photo I have created a tag for the pocket insert  This was done by making two tag shapes and stitching them together. Adding a hole and ribbon.  The caption comes out of a Cosmo Cricket kit. Again I have mounted this caption on black card, before adding it to my page.

That;s it for today, on a more personal level, my precious first born, Alice is in Cambridge today for an important interview, please send positive thoughts to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment