Wednesday 17 April 2013

Frog of Toad Hall



Hello, Hello, Hello, and how are you all? In tip top shape I hope, and if not, here is a bunny from me, to you. There,... better now!


Just having the best of times, although that in it's self can be exhausting  Last weekend was the first of Andrews, my gentleman-friend's Open Studio, indeed it was his first ever, Open Studio, and I am pleased to say a roaring success. I am so proud of him, Well done you. Big THANKS goes to all those who came to play, it was fabulous to meet you, and I hope to meet lots more new and old friends next weekend.

If you would like to know the names of all this stuff check out Andrews Blog.
As always William had to get in on the act!
I truly think she was amused.


Tempus Fugit!



The story of Andrews drawings...... In life I think it is true to say that at times we all need a little motivation. I was asking Andrew to draw his ideas and designs, because I believe his drawings are good and I wanted to see more. Anyway not to put a finer point on it I was being fobbed off with every excuse under the sun as to why these drawings were not appearing, a bit like the postcards for Open Studios! So drastic measure needed to be taken. Oh goody! Andrew lives in Acaster and joins me in my humble abode, Area 61 on a Friday evenings, for bubble baths and fizzy pop and weekends of general arty loveyness. So I said that if he wanted to gain admittance to Area 61, the cost from now on was a piece of drawn art work! No art, no admittance  These are some of the results. Just goes to show, sometimes in life you do have to be cruel to be kind!







Such a talented chap!

OK so what have I been doing? Art wise, that is,... very little. I went nearly a week without painting for me, and I was getting rather cranky to say the least, but thankfully the last two nights I have had a little time for me. I can not remember if I told you but I am participating in an eight week on line work shop with the wonderful Teesha Moore and Jane Davenport, called Mermaid Circus. I was a little behind due to obvious reasons and chomping at the bit to get going Well I have started,

A Mermaid template, cut five.
Paint, both sides.
Add a front cover and turn into a book with a simple pamphlet stitch.
Start designing and painting Mermaids.
Not used to painting this small, but it's fun.
OK honey bunnies I am going to leave it here for this week, if you are local come along at the weekend and don't be shy say Hi. Love and best wishes to you all. x

No comments:

Post a Comment