Wednesday 12 March 2014

I just can't stop...................making journals!


As you know I am journal mad. I went inside this book for its pages but was seduced by the cover. I had to repair it and create a new journal.                                                                                                               

The cover was in two pieces,
with a hole!
Make her a new spine, from cereal box card.
Glue in place with Gel Medium. 
Add calico spine for strength and durability.
Give the covers some new end papers. This is wrapping paper from Paper Chase.

Make some signatures from 12 x 12.
Stitch these onto a card board spine same size as the spine of old book.
I did this because I didn't want to put holes in the old spine.
Using double sided tape attach signatures to old book.
Thinking about closures now.

 Also I have been doing some journaling, and really enjoying myself.


Remember I cast some paper clay heads the other week? Well I finely got them painted
Not the easiest of things to photograph.

They look better in real life. I shall have to work on my photography skills.
More journals. The paper for the Edgar journal arrived so I got on with it,
Six signatures, I set rivet in the spine for strength. These are little "spade" rivets.
Stitching the signatures in.
Using the big shoot I cut lots of coordinating papers, to make flaps and pockets.

A link to Ephemera etc group         http://joannemwilson.wordpress.com/  

Don't for get this weekend is The Great Northern Paper Extravaganza. This takes place in Harrogate at the Yorkshire Exhibition Center, £5.00 on the door. Andrew and I are going..., can't wait. Hope to see you there.

If there are any "d" and "e" missing, I am sorry, but Corrin seems to have covered the lap top in peanut butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment